Thursday 24 April 2014

Latest Research - Roy Gordon & Tom Clark

I have been searching without much success for information on both Roy (Robert) Gordon and Tom Clark from the Sarvis crew and recently received Tom's military records from the RCAF vaults. Both were badly injured in the jump from the blazing plane and Tom never flew again. Here's a shot of them


At Lincoln Cathedral in 1944. This photo comes from the Sarvis collection. Also I have no leads regarding E Reed, the Upper Gunner on PB265 and all enquiries have drawn a blank. I have had contact from both Sarvis and Balfour's relatives which has been both touching and invaluable help in my research. And the fate of Jack Coates was confirmed by a relative of the man he replaced in his last ever flight. 


1 comment:

  1. Relaunch contacts GB 07/04/2021
    Hello.
    I am worried that I will not hear from Simon WEIR about the Robert Joseph SARVIS memorial project when, at the beginning of our contacts, it was the enthusiasm.
    I have the same problem with David FELL, responsible for the association of the 576th Squadron, so I wonder if I would not have brought up taboo subjects that should not be talked about in the history of this crash and its consequences. .
    I would like to know how to re-initiate contacts with new addresses in order to get an explanation.
    Thank you for your reply.
    Cordially.

    ReplyDelete